Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Healthy Journey Diet

The healthy journey book is at the editors. They e-mailed me today that the preliminary evaluation begins in three to four weeks. The guy who samples it to decide which editor to use thought that it lacks a little bit of "personal connection" with the author. So I guess I'll have to add that. What's so strange is that over the seven years I've worked on it I've removed a great deal of the personal parts of it, thinking that they weren't really relevant to what I needed to tell people. I know what he means, though. I guess it got off balance. I e-mailed the book to my brother-in-law. He said he would read it. It's exciting to be done with the writing part. I'm not sure how long editing takes, but I'm sure it's not as long as writing it takes.
I want to start on writing "Why Alzheimer's is Great". That's not an easy book, though. I suppose I should get this first thing published first. Also, it's that horrible time of studying for the re-certification boards. They ask a lot of very basic scientific questions that I don't keep in the inside-the-skull computer. I keep them in the books on the shelves and computer on the desk computers where they belong. So I need to do data transfer. It's very time consuming.
The office is starting to slow down a little for summer season, so time should start to appear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Doctor, on finishing the initial writing of your book. I'm looking forward to participating in the writing of the next, if only as silent contributor. [oxymoron?]